Privacy, Help & Shipping Info
Heavenfield Privacy Statement
Who we are
This website is created and administered by the author Ian G Hulme, sometimes referred to as 'The Heavenfield', or 'I G Hulme Publishing'. Our website address is: https://www.ighulme.com.
The Heavenfield, 4 Boroughbridge Road, Green Hammerton, York, North Yorkshire, YO26 8AD, UK
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and username
- contact information including email address
- preferences and interests
- transactional data (purchase information - physical address, phone number)
- technical data (IP address, cookie information)
What we do with the information we gather:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Display differing website content, dependant upon the visitor's free membership level.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and statistical analysis. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies. A cookie is a small file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
HOW TO BLOCK COOKIES
You may block cookies by activating settings on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. If you do so choose to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access or use all or some parts of the Site.
Most cookies we use are known as session cookies. These cookies will expire whenever you close your browser or shut down your computer, and such cookies need not be blocked. Other cookies used for specific purpose will expire when that purpose is no longer required.
You can find out more about blocking cookies in specific browsers at www.aboutcookies.org
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics to view useage data on this website.
Who we share your data with
In order to implement some functionality of our website (such as processing orders, updating mailing lists etc.), we share site data with some third-party providers which include (but are not limited to):
- Paypal - to allow payment processing (please note - The Heavenfield website does NOT collect or store ANY of your payment details).
- Google Analytics - to view useage data on our website.
- Mailchimp - to store and administer our mailing list
- Cloudflare - our website network provider - used to speed up and secure our website delivery
- Flywheel - our website host
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets. Or, if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use, Terms of Service or any other terms or agreements.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can contact us and request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. The website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits the website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or remember particular settings you have chosen for the site.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers
Controlling your personal information
The Heavenfield (I G Hulme) is committed to protecting your privacy and will use any personal information collected through our website and mailing list in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. We will take all appropriate measures to ensure your personal information is secure.
The information collected will be used in order to administer our email and postal mailing lists. We will not share this information with any third parties beyond those required (listed above). The Heavenfield will not use this information for any other way than that described, or disclose it to any third party without your prior consent.
The Heavenfield believes the information we hold about you is your property and therefore you should have full control of it. You have the right to access the information we hold about you, and where necessary have it amended or removed.
The copyright in the contents of this website is owned by The Heavenfield and permission must be explicitly granted for reproduction or extraction for any purpose.
All images in this website are copyright to I G Hulme, unless otherwise stated.
Items are sent by Royal Mail and are usually dispatched within 1 business day of a purchase receipt.
Shipping rates are based upon the weight of the product and the geographical location of the customer.
Residents of UK Mainland should expect to receive their orders within 3-5 working days of placing an order. Customers outside of the UK can expect a slightly longer wait, varying according to their location.
A confirmation email will be sent notifying a customer that an order has been placed. Another email will confirm that the customer's card has been charged. An email will be sent to notify the customer that their order has been dispatched.
If you have any comments or queries, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
All items sold are lovingly packaged and are supplied with a thank-you card signed by the author.
Heavenfield Returns Policy
The United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations 2000 provide you with a right to cancel your order for products at any time up to the end of the seventh working day following the day after the day on which you received the products. You do not need to give us any reason for cancellation.
If you wish to cancel your order please email us with details of your cancellation. If you have already received the products you must carefully repackage and return them to us at the returns address shown below. Until you have returned the products to us, you must keep them in your possession and take reasonable care of them. We will credit the price of the cancelled products once we have received and checked that they are in a re-saleable condition. We will not refund any postage costs incurred.
You can return your items for a prompt refund or exchange, which is subject to following conditions:
- Refunds and exchanges must be within 30 days of delivery date of original initial order.
- Returned items must be in clean un-used conditions. Items that been used and not in clean un-used conditions, or altered in any way, or damaged due to usage cannot be returned for refunds or exchanges unless items clearly have defects in material or workmanship.
- Returned items are subject to inspections before any refunds or exchanges are issued. Returned items that are damaged by buyer or users cannot be refunded or exchanged.
- Returns must be shipped in a prepaid, insured, traceable method to the return address provided. Failure to ship return packages to correct address may result denial of refunds or exchanges. Heavenfield is not responsible for lost or incorrectly shipped return packages.
- Refunds for items returned within thirty days of delivery date will be credited in the same form as the original payment type. Refunds and returns may usually take up to 30 days to process.
- Product's exact colour, colour temperature, colour tone is not guaranteed. Product image and image colours are not guaranteed to be accurate due to wide variation of monitor screen settings. Furthermore, product colours of the same product may vary slightly from one piece to another. Additionally, product colours including colour brightness, colour temperatures, colour tones may not exactly match colours of samples of the same product. Product colour temperature, brightness or tone variances cannot be considered product defect unless we ship a product of totally wrong colour.
The Heavenfield, 4 Boroughbridge Road, Green Hammerton, York, North Yorkshire, YO26 8AD, UK
For all goods returned, it is imperative that you use a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon delivery such as Royal Mail First Class (Recorded Delivery) as you will be responsible for the goods until they are received by us.